MULTI-FAMILY HOME PEST CONTROL – Apartments & Condominiums
Portland OR – Beaverton OR – Gresham OR – Oregon City OR
Apartment complexes are particularly susceptible to pest problems. Long-term apartment pest control solutions are essential for unit occupants and property managers alike to exterminate pests and keep them away. It is a common misconception that pests only target dirty apartments. Pests are opportunistic. Once they find their way into a complex, they will happily hunt through even clean homes in search of food. Typical, professional “bug spraying” in and around apartment complexes is not always enough to keep pests at bay. While it can help, blocking access points, treating existing infestations and other methods may be necessary. Extra care is especially important when treating existing infestations. Plans must be made to keep pests in neighboring untreated units from creeping back into treated ones. With limited ventilation, family- and pet-safe apartments pest control treatments are a must. Some of the pest we encounter most often are:
- Ants – large ants, small ants
- Spiders – indoor, outdoor, poisonous
- Bed Bugs – bloodsucking parasite
- Cockroaches -German, American, Brownbanded
- Fleas– dog, cat, human, sticktight
- Mosquitoes– over 50 types in Oregon
- Flying Insects – bees, wasps, flies, fruit flies,
- Birds – pigeons, sparrows, crows, woodpeckers
- Rodents – mice, rats, opossum
- Stored Product Pests – silverfish, pantry beetles, earwigs, centipedes
- Ticks- American Dog, Deer, Blacklegged
Some tenants have even gone so far as to sue the apartment complex they were living in for the damage incurred as a result of a pest infestation. When a pest outbreak occurs in multi-family housing, it can quickly spread from one family to many families in the blink of an eye. Property managers have experienced an exodus of vacancies a result of large and hard to control pest infestations. Keep your tenants happy and provide a comfortable living situation for all renters by called Tough Bug Solutions to help you keep your apartment building completely pest free.
Treating Existing Infestations in Apartment Buildings
With an existing infestation, apartments pest extermination must be done with care. Pests driven away from apartments pest control treatment methods placed in an affected unit may simply flee to a previously unaffected unit unless management systems are put in place. Entry and exit points, including cracks, holes and other openings, must be addressed for impacted apartments and the complex as a whole. Anything attracting pests, such as improperly sealed garbage areas or odor problems, must also be addressed. In the case of bed bugs, infested materials must be removed and destroyed following proper procedures. Safe and environmentally-friendly methods are used whenever possible. Baits and chemical sprays are used strategically with the habits of the specific pest in mind. Other suggestions, like altering garbage areas to cut off potential access to food sources or trimming tree branches that touch the building, may be made as well.
Tips for Keeping Your Property Pest Free
- Identify all possible entry points for pests on the property and seal them
- Make sure all food is put away and contained within air tight containers
- Dispose of garbage properly by keeping it sealed and outside of the home
- Keep your home clean and vacuum regularly
- Keep all vegetation neatly groomed including small potted plants
- Implement periodic drain cleaning
- If you have a basement or underground living area, keep the place tidy and dry. If you have a moisture issue in your basement, address it immediately.
Scheduled Pest Control Maintenance
Spraying is not the only element of ongoing apartments pest control. Spraying, when necessary, provides only the first layer of deterrent. Regular inspections help catch problems before they can spiral out of control. With scheduled inspections from trained Tough Bug professionals, cracks can be sealed, food sources cut off and other invitations squashed before your apartments are overrun with unwelcome pests.
NEED HELP WITH PEST CONTROL?
Call us at (503) 644-5454
or click the button, and we’ll call you back in minutes!