- Color: pale brown with two dark brown stripes down its wings
- Size: 1/2-inch long
- Feed on: almost any food, with a preference for starches, sweets, grease, meat products and garbage
- Found in: homes, offices, restaurants, hotels. May be carried into a building on groceries, deliveries, furniture/equipment, and personal belongings.
- Harborage: harbor in cracks and crevices, generally near a food and/or water source, such as kitchens and bathrooms. May live under, around, and in appliances; behind walls; around sinks; and in other hidden, sheltered areas.
- Characteristics: one of the smallest of cockroaches, it can produce more offspring than any other, enabling infestations to build rapidly.